The recruiting industry has changed a lot over 16 years. When I began, LinkedIn wasn’t a thing, so I had to call into banks to build lists of talent to target. I couldn’t just ping someone on LinkedIn and have their resume at my fingertips. It was hard work in the beginning, but I freaking loved it. The challenge taught me how to hone my skills and develop relationships with not only my internal clients but also my candidates.
In 2017, I had to come to a very hard realization: What I wanted was a Recruiting Utopia, but what I found myself working in Recruiting Shit Show. Traditional recruiting is sometimes the very definition of insanity. You get a job, you search for candidates, conduct interviews, place the candidate, they quit, and the cycle repeats. As I began to do a deep dive to learn what was causing this chaos, I found there were four dysfunctions to how recruiting is normally done.
Overcome the Four Dysfunctions of Recruiting!
Everything is a Priority so Nothing is a Priority
Recruiting can feel like an endless cycle, leaving recruiters feeling overwhelmed with too much to do. However, with Sprint Recruiting, you can avoid this feeling of chaos and create a process-driven recruitment system. With Sprint Recruiting, you can focus on the most important tasks and prioritize the business needs, ensuring that everything is done in a timely and efficient manner.
Lack of Direction or Rhythm to the Process
Sprint Recruiting helps to create a rhythm and direction to the hiring process. With the help of Work in Progress limits, you can maintain a focus on the task at hand while creating a cadence to your process. This will allow you to create a consistent and reliable recruitment process that is efficient and effective.
Recruiters Misaligned to Business Needs
Sprint Recruiting helps to ensure that recruiters are aligned with the business needs. With the help of prioritization, you can focus on the most important tasks and make sure that recruiters are properly aligned to the organization’s goals. This will help you create a more efficient recruitment process that is aligned with the organization’s needs.
The Feedback Process is Chaotic and Inefficient
Sprint Recruiting helps to create a more efficient feedback process. With the help of a feedback loop, you can ensure that all parties involved in the recruitment process stay on track and accountable for their tasks. This will help to create a more efficient recruitment process and help ensure that feedback is given in a timely and effective manner.
What will you gain with Sprint Recruiting?
1. Sprint Recruiting offers a streamlined and organized process that allows businesses to define the recruitment priorities and set reasonable goals. This ensures that recruiting initiatives are aligned with business needs, and makes it easier to identify successful candidates faster.
2. It also provides recruiters with clear boundaries and guidelines, which eliminates confusion during the decision-making process and encourages efficiency within the recruitment cycle.
3. The Feedback Loop feature of Sprint Recruiting enables recruiters to evaluate each candidate’s performance objectively in a timely manner, which helps ensure quality hires.
1. With Sprint Recruiting, businesses can save time, money and resources by optimizing their recruiting efforts and focusing on only priority hires that meet their specific needs. This can lead to increased productivity since hiring is targeted towards the most qualified individuals for each position quickly.
2. By having an organized process in place, recruiters can make better informed decisions when evaluating candidates for positions, leading to higher levels of employee satisfaction from more qualified hires over time.
3. In addition, Sprint Recruiting eliminates chaos from the recruitment process by providing a structured system that ensures clarity among recruiters and candidates alike, creating mutual accountability throughout the entire hiring cycle.
An International Bank was struggling with a high time-to-fill and low candidate experience scores. In just three sprints, we were able to reduce time-to-fill from 67 days to 27 and increase candidate experience scores from 80% to 95%. Hiring manager survey scores increased by 10 points within only one month.
Recruiters spent more time recruiting and developing pipelines than chasing fires and completing reports. We created a centralized dashboard anyone in the organization could view the progress on their open roles. The prioritization allowed us to fill more roles.
My Personal Experience as the Creator:
Before sprint recruiting, I felt like a boat without a rudder, being pushed into whichever direction my stakeholders decided. I have now implemented Sprint Recruiting in at least three different companies, and I feel more empowered to lead my team. I have the data I need to make the necessary decisions to move my organization forward and capture the top talent in my industry. My team members are empowered to make decisions to directly affect the course of our recruiting organization. Each of us works more closely with our hiring managers as hiring partners, and we no longer see them as adversaries. In fact, engagement levels of recruiters, hiring managers, and even candidates have increased, and we are able to respond faster to market changes than many of our competitors.
In this course, you will learn all the steps that took me years to develop so that you can implement them and gain the benefits immediately. You will learn what the problems are in modern-day recruiting, how sprint recruiting can help solve these problems, and how you can implement sprint recruiting to reap the same benefits that we’ve been seeing.
The first time I implemented sprint recruiting, the time to fill declined from 67 days to 40 days within two sprints – which is about one month. Customers were raving, candidate experience went up, and the team became highly focused.
I work with clients across industries and company size to help transform their Talent Organizations. Recruiting Leaders learn to spend more time on strategy and less time putting out fires. Recruiters learn how to manage their workloads more efficiently and succeed. The transformation inevitably leads to higher engagement with candidates, recruiting teams, and hiring partners.
What do you do next?
Take your recruiting process to the next level – Upgrade with Sprint Recruiting! Read the book or ask for one of our consultants to help you transform your Talent Organization.
and Sprint Recruiting
I joined the HR industry in 2004 after working as a sales leader in the Financial Services Industry for eight years. After spending his first couple of years in HR trying to fit in, I found my voice. Now I leverage all of the things I once hated about HR to become a consultant and invaluable partner to the businesses I support. I contribute to the HRGazzette and to DataDrivenInvestor on Medium. WARNING: my writing style is raw and in your face, not what you would expect from an HR executive.
If you would like to learn more about Sprint Recruiting, Click here to join our mailing list for the book release. You’ll get premier access to:
- Get helpful recruiting tips sent to you monthly!
- Read each chapter of the book Sprint Recruiting as it’s written
- Resources including graphics, reports and training
- Special Q&A sessions to learn how Sprint Recruiting can help you transform your Talent Strategy.